Home Celebrity King Charles Breaks Silence On Former Prince Andrew’s Arr:est

King Charles Breaks Silence On Former Prince Andrew’s Arr:est

King Charles has spoken publicly after his younger brother, the former Prince Andrew, was arrested earlier today (February 19) by police officers.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was taken into custody by plainclothes officers at his home in Sandringham, Norfolk, on his 66th birthday. The arrest followed what Thames Valley Police described as a “thorough assessment,” and a formal investigation has now been launched.

This marks the first time Andrew — who has faced ongoing scrutiny over his past associations with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein — has been arrested. It is important to note that an arrest does not imply guilt, and at this stage, no charges have been filed.

Under UK law, suspects are typically held for between 12 and 24 hours before either being charged or released while investigations continue.

Titles removed last year

In October, Andrew announced he would step back further amid continuing controversy. In a statement at the time, he said that, after discussions with the King and other family members, it was agreed that the persistent allegations were distracting from the work of the monarch and the Royal Family.

He emphasized that he had always sought to put duty to family and country first and reaffirmed his earlier decision to withdraw from public life. Andrew has consistently denied all allegations of sexual misconduct but acknowledged that the situation had become a significant distraction.

In response, Buckingham Palace issued a rare statement on behalf of King Charles and Queen Camilla, expressing their sympathies toward victims and survivors of abuse.

Reason for arr:est

According to the BBC, Andrew — the son of the late Queen Elizabeth II — was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, representing a major development in the long-running public controversy surrounding him.

Thames Valley Police, working with Norfolk Constabulary, are investigating claims connected to alleged misconduct in public office. Reports indicate that authorities are also examining allegations that a second woman was sent to the UK by Jeffrey Epstein for a s3xual encounter involving Andrew.

The Crown Prosecution Service explains that misconduct in public office can carry a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. The offence relates to serious and deliberate abuse or neglect of the responsibilities attached to a public role, and it requires a direct link between the alleged misconduct and misuse of those powers.

Police statement

Following the arrest, Thames Valley Police confirmed that a man in his sixties from Norfolk had been detained on suspicion of misconduct in public office. Officers are also conducting searches at properties in Berkshire and Norfolk.

Police stated that the individual remains in custody and, in line with national guidance, they are not naming him. They also reminded the public that the case is active and cautioned against publishing material that could risk contempt of court.

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said the investigation was launched after a detailed review and stressed the importance of maintaining integrity and objectivity as inquiries continue. He acknowledged the significant public interest and said updates would be provided when appropriate.

King Charles responds

In a statement issued after the arrest, King Charles said he had learned of the news with “deepest concern.” He stressed that the matter must now proceed through the proper legal channels and that authorities would receive the Royal Family’s full cooperation.

“The law must take its course,” the monarch said, adding that it would not be appropriate for him to comment further while the investigation remains ongoing. He also reaffirmed that he and his family would continue carrying out their public duties.

Queen Camilla continues engagements

Despite the developments, Queen Camilla has continued with her scheduled duties. Just hours after the arrest, she attended a lunchtime orchestral concert in Westminster, central London, where she was welcomed by officials upon arrival.